WELCOME TO YEAR 3 OF DESTINY!

Lord Saladin (above), master of the Iron Banner, calls forth guardians to become Iron Lords and restore his fallen house once again. A bio-organic plague from the Golden Age has been unsealed in the wastes of Russia, the Wall has been breached. Journey into the Plaguelands and destroy SIVA, the forbidden nanotechnology before The Last City - and humanity along with it - are lost forever.

Or just get a bunch of sweet guns and shoot people in the Crucible. With the launch of custom matches, Destiny is joining MLG this year.

JOIN THE SLAENT CLAN HERE AND REPRESENT: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/180028

For raids, strikes, PvP, Prison of Elders, getting you through a tough spot, or just hanging out.

LAUNCH TRAILER:

IS IT TOO LATE TO JOIN THIS GAME?

No! Hitting maximum level can reasonably be done in a week or two of playing through the story. From there it's all about finding your favourite loadout and questing for the perfect exotic/legendary loot combination that will unlock the full potential of your skill.

WHAT'S NEW?

Tons of stuff!

• Custom matches in PvP
  • New story
  • New social hub and areas
  • New strike & raid
  • New PvP maps & modes
  • 20 new shaders
  • New weapons & exotics

Badass new Iron Lord armour:

Ornaments that change how your gear & exotic weapons look:

Artifacts, a new armour item that grant you special perks like removing your super in exchange for an extra grenade & melee, keep radar active while aiming down sights, speeding up super charge time, or even switching PvE enemies to your side.

I PLAYED THIS GAME AT LAUNCH AND / HEARD FROM MY FRIEND THAT / IT'S GRINDY AND NO FUN.

Destiny's initial launch was plagued by problems with their dev tool chain and Bungie learning how to make an MMO which are outlined in glorious detail in this Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

But Activision had them sit down with Blizzard's Diablo 3 team, and Destiny underwent a similar rescue operation to that game. The result was that last year's Taken King expansion was far more player-friendly and just all around fun. You can good new gear pretty much every day.

CAN I PLAY THIS GAME SOLO?

Almost entirely. Raids and the absolute hardest difficulty mode for Prison of Elders & strikes will require you to bring a couple of friends. Anything else you can solo no problem, or the game will matchmake a fireteam for you.

IT SAYS MLG IN THE TITLE, YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT. I DON'T DO FPS PVP STUFF.

No worries. You can play this game without ever touching the VS. mode, and vice versa. You'll be able to get top tier gear & hit max level no matter how you play. But the gunplay is so good that it's worth learning, and skill based matchmaking means you'll always be set up with people around your own skill level.

THIS GAME HAS SO MANY EXPANSIONS, WHAT DO I HAVE TO BUY?

Right now it looks like you have two choices - if you have everything up to The Taken King, then you can just buy the Rise of Iron expansion. Otherwise, you'll need to get Destiny: The Collection, which includes absolutely everything ever.

PC MASTER RACE?

Nope. No PS3/360 version this year either. PS4/Xbox One only, but since PS4 gets exclusive maps, strikes & exotic weapons, PS4 seems to be where most of the community is active.

WHAT CLASS SHOULD I PLAY?

Serious real honest answer: whatever you think is coolest. 99% of weapons can be used by any class, and the game is well balanced enough that any class is viable in any situation once you learn its ins & outs.

NO JUST TELL ME, WHAT DO I PICK?

Okay, fine. Defenders' super is a bubble shield that powers up your allies. Picking that class will make people happy to see you in any situation. This is the only really indispensable class for serious PvE missions because it lets you stand toe to toe with bosses & wail on them, instead of running for your life & dying a lot.

If you want to be a Warlock, then Sunsingers' super brings them back from the dead, meaning you can save your whole team from a raid/strike wipe - people always appreciate that too.

If it's Hunter, then Nightstalkers' super tethers enemies rendering them helpless, and killing them drops orbs that will power up your allies' supers. You can tether a bunch of little enemies to a boss and wipe everyone out in one go.

For PvP, the following classes have long-lasting offensive supers that will let you rack up tons of kills on opposing players:

Titan: Sunbreaker
Warlock: Stormcaller
Hunter: Bladedancer

But keep in mind that there are so many different ways to set up each class, so many styles of play, that it will take some experimentation to find what you really do best with.

I'M JUST GOING TO WAIT FOR DESTINY 2.

Okay, you do you. Just keep in mind that according to rumours it may not actually be on track for next fall. In the meantime, we're going to be all like: