FACT: The Simpsons has been in a downward spiral of quality since the Classic era of immaculate comedic consistency when Mike Scully took over as showrunner in Season 9.

FACT: There are still good episodes of the show being produced. They're just few and far between... and, even when they're decent, there's still a gulf between them and the memorable classic episodes from the 1990s.

So, yes... there's a lot of terrible. I've subjected myself to every episode... and some are outright atrocious. But there are still hidden gems. I can recommend some if there's interest... BUT I suspect this will just be another "let's bash the show outright and pretend it hasn't had a good episode this millennium" thread. And that's fine, too.

Personally, I'm just thrilled the show remains a constant presence on television in large part BECAUSE the subpar modern episodes actually do serve as a gateway to reach new fans and, subsequently, prompt them to seek out great episodes like Last Exit to Springfield, Marge vs. the Monorail and Lisa's Substitute.