I didn't want to bog down the main thread with this topic, so I made one.

This isn't really about whether it is a smart strategy or not. We can discuss that too.

But I want to know if you think the NBA should change the rules to prevent the Hack-A-__ during the game (off ball intentional fouls).

Here's where I stand. I want them to change the rule. And here's why. I understand the whole "they should just make the FTs," argument. I even understand the argument that it rarely is a smart strategy. I get all of that. But at the end of the day, the NBA is entertainment and I do not find this aspect of the game entertaining at all. It bores me. Last night's Spurs-Clippers game was immensely fun and the moment Pop turned to the strategy in the fourth, the game got ugly. The pace of the game went to a stand-still, the game started to be played poorly, refs were making strange calls (Jordan's not 3 point attempt), etc. Normally, I wouldn't advocate changing the rules for a player's weaknesses, but man oh man does the game become nearly unbearable in my eyes.

My argument in favor of changing the rules is not about anything other than it's not entertaining. The only other aspect of the NBA I don't find entertaining is replays, but I'm willing to sacrifice some of that to get the right calls (though more tweaks are needed). I'm willing to make that sacrifice here. It's just too awful.

My solution: Until 2 minutes left in each quarter, allow the team to decide whether they want to take the FTs or take the ball out of bounds on all off-ball fouls (this would include rebounding fouls, btw). Sure, some teams might still take the FTs, but this allows for them not to and it does not force the refs to make judgments about whether a foul was intentional or not.

Where do you stand?