FUTURE NEWS

Recently fired Chicago Bulls Coach Tom Thibodeau, last seen manically cackling while coaching his team in the final game of their season and simultaneously conducting a practice, is in some trouble. Former Coach Thibs finds himself in hot water once again after his family contacted the police and filed a report that Thibs was spending far too much time with them. His father complained to responding officers that Thibs "Simply didn't know when enough was enough." he continued to say, "We all got together the day after his release from his team and stayed up very late into the night recanting stories and just generally having a good time. But then he just kept scheduling dinners, visits, lunches, brunches etc. It was just never ending." Grandma Thibodeau who has a history of injury was especially concerned saying, "I was exhausted. I just can't log minutes like I used to. As soon as I came home from our family trip to the aquarium I looked at my home answering machine and he had left a message telling me to be prepared to meet again for an early breakfast. I suggested we take a day or two off but Tommy was very adamant." Coach Thibs was very frank when questioned by the press, "Look, you don't create memories by staying home alone. Yes, it was suggested that maybe I rest my immediate family and spend a weekend with my cousins. Honestly, if you're not ready, willing and able to log some serious minutes, maybe you don't belong in this family." His mother could not be reached for comment at the time of this article as she was currently undergoing micro fracture surgery.

Eastern Conference

Record: 10-38
Philly was able to capture 6 wins in January and still maintain the 2nd worst record in the league.

Record: 10-38
New York has won 4 game since the last OT, signed Galloway and Lou Amundson.

Record: 15-35
Rumors of Jacque Vaugn's imminent firing have been aired and Mark Jackson is a rumored candidate to replace him. Jesus Wept.

Record: 17-32
The NBA's least interesting team didn't do much besides lose some games, Watson got a flopping fine....

Record:16-30
Boston's balancing between being bad enough to deserve a top pick but also good enough to make the playoffs.

Record: 18-30
The Pistons are 13-7 since Josh Smith was waived including a win over Smith's new team. Brandon Jennings went down with an achilles injury for the season, shedding some doubt on their playoff push.

Record: 18-28
New York's best basketball team is still in position to make the playoffs. They've made a large portion of their starting line up available for trade but they could very likely stand pat with how disinterested they've seemed with offers thus far.

Record: 20-27
KeMoonBall Walker is out until early March and it may be too late in the season for an emergency tank. The success of their season (adjusted for early season disappointment) is a playoff berth and an old fashioned mollywhopping courtesy of Atlanta.

Record: 21-26
Wade is hurt but Miami will probably benefit from the dumpster fire that is every eastern conference team below .500 and get in the playoffs with ease. If not they can continue to hype Whiteside who is averaging a double double since January, but they'll be doing that regardless.

Record:25-22
Bucks are enjoying quiet success since the NBA collectively tuned them out once Jabari went down for the season.

Record: 29-20
After some time off Lebron is looking a lot better and the team as a whole is operating smoother, they still could very well be a first round exit.

Record: 30-19
Thibs is pretty much done in Chicago due to being insane and playing his starters an ungodly amount of minutes. The injuries, fatigue and evidence are staring him in the face, but he's obviously under some sort of voodoo curse.

Record: 31-17
Washington continues to slog away and put in time as the eastern conference's 2nd best pretenders.

Record: 33-15
Last OT they had a half game lead on Atlanta and now are 7 games back.

Record: 40-8
Atlanta hasn't lost a game since the last OT. Nuff said.

Western Conference

Record: 8-39
The Twolves have had a rough go of it injuries wise but are set to finally have their entire team back for February. They have a rough schedule this month and shouldn't be expected to hand off the title of worst record in the league to some Eastern conference team until March.

Record: 13-35
Kobe's season is over and now the only legit reason to watch The Lakers is to see if Jordan Clarkson can become a quality back up point guard. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Record: 17-30
Utah posted some significant wins against Golden State, Chicago and The Bucks but still only went 6-8 for the month.

Record: 17-29

Record: 19-29

Record: 23-24
Earlier in the season it very much felt like a matter of who would be bumped out of the playoffs by OKC, it's slowly becoming a matter of if. OKC has 35 games left, certainly enough to still make the playoffs. Phoenix is on track to win 46 or 47 games meaning OKC can only lose 11 games from here on out.

Record: 25-22
Davis is still having a great season, his team is still mediocre, his coach is still trash.

Record: 28-21
Phoenix now firmly in the drivers seat, have complete control over their playoff lives. If they can keep their current pace they'll be fine.

Record: 30-18
San Antonio had some early season bumps, missed a few key players for a handful of games but are still in solid position to get HCA come playoff time.

Record: 32-17
Dallas seems to be about as well off with Rondo as they were without him, the race otu west is extremely tight and couple of good weeks could mean the difference between the 6th seed and the 3rd seed.

Houston got over the initial Josh Smith addition but with Howard out for the next few weeks and Harden picking up some bumps and bruises, we could see them drop a few more rungs in the seeding race.

Record: 32-16
LMA hurt his thumb, Batum aggravated his existing injury, Lillard got snubbed from the ASG and Paul Allan's Seahawks ran one of the stupidest plays in sports history. It wasn't a good month for The Blazers.

Clippers had a solid run in January and climbed the standings, still not widely considered contenders, a February on the level of this past month could change that.

Record: 35-12
Memphis is still a really good team, Vince is hurt and Jeff Green replaced Prince at SF.

Record: 37-8
Klay broke the NBA's single quarter scoring record and GS won a bunch of games. Besides a loss to Utah, not a whole lot to complain about.