Oh hey the Gears of War 4 beta is today, and The Coalition's sending out codes and shit for Gears UE X1/W10 owners.

WHEN CAN I PLAY THE GEARS OF WAR 4 BETA?
The Gears of War 4 Beta runs in two stages, beginning with an Early Access period on April 18th and then opening to all qualifying Gold Members on April 25th. The Beta closes on May 1st.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY THE GEARS OF WAR 4 BETA?
You must own an Xbox One
You must be an Xbox Live Gold Member
You must be 17 years of age or older
You must be connected to Xbox Live

IS THE BETA AVAILABLE IN MY REGION?
The Beta is available in all Xbox Live supported territories except Japan and China.

HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE GEARS OF WAR 4 EARLY ACCESS?
To qualify for the Early Access period, you must have played Gears of War: Ultimate Edition while connected to Xbox Live on Xbox One or Windows 10 before 11pm PDT on April 11, 2016. Note that Windows 10 owners will receive an Xbox One Beta code.

HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY ACCESS FOR THE GEARS OF WAR 4 EARLY ACCESS PERIOD?
You will receive a download code directly to your Xbox Live account messages, which can be redeemed on your console or via Xbox.com. The message will be from the Xbox Live team.

IT’S APRIL 18TH AND I DON’T HAVE MY GEARS OF WAR 4 EARLY ACCESS CODE, EVEN THOUGH I QUALIFY FOR ACCESS. HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?
We are staggering entry to the Beta to help ensure we maintain stable server access for our fans. From April 18th onwards, codes will be sent in waves and in the order at which you accessed Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, so keep an eye on your Xbox Live messages to see when your access begins.

CAN I PRE-LOAD THE BETA?
The Beta will not be released early for pre-loading.

HOW MUCH HARD DRIVE SPACE DO I NEED FOR THE BETA?
You will need 8GB or more of free space on your Xbox One hard drive or external drive in order to download the Beta.

ACCESSING THE BETA
HOW CAN I REDEEM MY CODE FOR THE EARLY ACCESS PERIOD?
Your Early Access code will arrive in an Xbox Live message from the Xbox Live team. You can either redeem your code directly from your messages on the Xbox One, or enter the code on the Redeem Code page on Xbox.com. This will begin your download on your Xbox One.

I REDEEMED MY EARLY ACCESS CODE ON XBOX.COM. WHY IS THE DOWNLOAD NOT IN MY QUEUE?
Redeeming a code will automatically begin the download on your home Xbox. This should happen immediately if your Xbox is turned on or in ‘Always On’ mode, or the next time you turn it on if in ‘Energy Saver’ mode.

If the download is not appearing, or you wish to download the Beta on another Xbox that isn’t your home Xbox, go to ‘My Games and Apps’, and scroll to the far right of your screen. After a few moments, a full list of downloads for games you own should appear. Search for the Gears of War 4 Beta in this area, and then select it to begin the installation.

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE BETA STARTING APRIL 25TH?
All Xbox Live Gold Members receive access to the Beta on April 25th, and it will be accessible as a free download from the Xbox Marketplace. Search Xbox.com or the Xbox One Marketplace for ‘Gears of War 4 Beta’ to locate your download.

WHAT'S IN THE BETA?
HOW MANY MODES ARE IN THE BETA?
There are two modes in the Beta – the returning Team Deathmatch and the brand new Dodgeball mode.

HOW MANY MAPS ARE IN THE BETA?
There are three maps in the Beta – Harbor, Dam and Foundation. All maps are included in each of the game mode playlists.

DO I GET ANY REWARDS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA?
Yes! As a thank you to our fans for participating, anyone who reaches XP Level 20 in the Beta will receive the Beta exclusive ‘Vintage Kait’ character model, an emblem, a special Vintage Kait bounty, plus the Vintage weapon skin for the Lancer and Snub Pistol.

Once you reach Level 20, head back to the Main Menu to find a preview of your rewards in the final game under a new option that says ‘Claim Beta Rewards’.

Note: These rewards will not be available in the Beta, but will be accessible when the full game releases on October 11, 2016. You will need to own Gears of War 4 in order to access your rewards.

WILL MY STATS AND PROGRESSION CARRY OVER TO THE MAIN GAME AT LAUNCH?
Your progression and standings in the Beta will not carry over to the final version of the game. By reaching XP Level 5 in the Beta, you can receive Beta Exclusive rewards that you can use in the full version of Gears of War 4. See ‘Do I get any rewards for participating in the Beta?’ for more details.

DOES THE BETA REPRESENT THE FEATURE SET AND ALL THE MAPS AVAILABLE FOR THE RETAIL VERSION OF THE GAME?
No. The Beta represents only an early look at a small portion of the retail game. The Beta features two multiplayer modes and three maps. The retail game will include a wide variety of multiplayer modes, maps, weapons and other features not seen in the Beta. The Gears of War 4 Beta is a work in progress of the final game.

PROVIDING FEEDBACK
HOW CAN I SEND MY BETA FEEDBACK TO THE COALITION?
The Gears of War 4 Beta exists to provide us valuable data and feedback to help us make the best Gears of War multiplayer experience possible when the game releases this October. If you would like to contribute feedback, there are three recommended options for fans:

PRIVATE: ANSWER A SHORT SURVEY
If you would like to privately provide your feedback directly to The Coalition, we have a short form available for you to submit your feedback here.

PUBLIC: POST IN OUR FORUMS
If you want to provide your own thoughts publically or start a discussion about elements of the Beta, our forums offer another great way for you to provide feedback to the team and start a discussion with fellow fans. We will actively be reading all feedback and discussions throughout the Beta period. Go to the Gears of War 4 forums to share your feedback.

JOIN THE GEARS OF WAR FEEDBACK PROGRAM
The Gears of War Feedback Program provides a direct line to The Coalition. By signing up, you’ll receive surveys directly to your email inbox, asking you questions that will help the development of our game.

You can sign up for the Feedback program here: https://gearsofwar.com/gears-feedback-program

By opting in, you are agreeing to receive occasional email surveys from us. If you don't want to continue receiving surveys from us, select the Unsubscribe option in any email you receive from us.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT
I’M HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE BETA. WHAT DO I DO?
Try restarting the game.
Try restarting your Xbox One.
Try unplugging your Xbox One’s power, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in and try again.
Still not working? Go to the Technical Support and Help forums or contact Xbox Support for further assistance.