Thought we could use a thread where you talk about how you stay active.

This weekend I begin my vacation by doing the Stairway to Heaven 15k Race in Mission Hills Trails, San Diego thanks to my girl: http://www.dirtdevilracing.com/2014-racing-schedule/stairway-to-heaven-15k/

I am so fucking unprepared for this race and its hills/stairs. I've been fighting plantar fasciitis in my feet for a couple months (or something like it) and have barely trained. I've gotten to the point where I know I can finish this race, but I'll almost certainly do worse than the 10k I did in February (I should be faster pace wise by now, damn it!). Oh well, what are you gonna do, right? I'm not looking forward to the stairs, which I haven't trained for at all, but at least hills are under my belt. For the past month I haven't played ball to keep my feet somewhat capable of enduring this damn run. I'd love to finish in under 1:45 (my 10k was under 55 min, so you can see how much I've slowed down) and hopefully my feet allow it. 1:30 would be amazing. On the plus side, I'm off for 2 weeks and going around the state for vacation with my girl, so I'll be able to heal up and be relaxed. Also have a nice massage lined up!

Anyway, it'll eventually lead to me doing a half-marathon once I heal up. Some time next year. After that? Who knows. A full marathon sounds so daunting.

I also just started getting into Yoga (anyone do this?). Other than that, playing ball, and running, I don't do anything else. No gym, no bike, no weights, etc.

What about you guys? this thread is for anything athletic. Play on a softball team? soccer? Lift weights? Etc? Talk about what you''re currently up to athletically and anything revolved around that.