I've been enjoying Trails of Cold Steel on my vita the last few weeks (nearing the 80 hr mark lol) and I'm reminded of how amazing this console is. It's just too bad that Sony's bad strategy doomed it in NA.

Was at Gamestop tonight looking for good deals (anything $10 and under) on physical games cos vita is being phased out everywhere and saw this baby in mint condition used sale for $140. Snagged it instantly.

The failure of this console hurts me more than even the Saturn or Dreamcast cos the hardware is so much better than the competition. I literally cannot play the 3DS for more than an hr or so cos the screen is trash and it's not comfortable to hold. Imagine if Sony had made just a few different decisions:

- $199 launch price (Maybe this could have been possible without the useless rear touch screen?)
- No greedy proprietary memory cards. This was a huge mistake
- More good, original titles at launch. The launch lineup was robust but it was littered with ports.
- Better quality control on some of the ports. Madden 13 was a disgrace as it was just 12. EA didn't even bother to change the stats and team records

I also think they (along with 3rd party devs) gave up way too quickly.

PS: It's amazing to me that they couldn't get an NBA 2K game on the console. It would been the first good handheld NBA game