RT @JimMiller 4 highly regarded @Grantland33 staffers turned in resignations today to @ESPN and will be going to work for @BillSimmons
RT @ZachLowe_NBA: All five people who left Grantland on Friday are wonderful as editors, writers, podcasters, thinkers, people. Tough day.
RT @ZachLowe_NBA: On a personal note, @sean_fennessey has been one of my 2 direct editors for 3 years. One of the very best I've come across in journalism.
RT @sean_fennessey: I'm thrilled to be reuniting with @BillSimmons, alongside @ChrisRyan77, @MalloryRubin, and @julietlitman, to work on a new, unnamed project.

Deadspin's take:
Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch reported this evening that the four staffers leaving for the mystery Simmons project are Sean Fennessey, Juliet Litman, Mallory Rubin, and Chris Ryan. Going by who he poached here—not all that great a thing to be going on, admittedly—Simmons would seem to be setting up a more pop culture-based site than a sports-focused one.

In another big loss for the site, Deitsch also revealed that Grantland’s editorial director, Dan Fierman, is leaving the site to take up a position as vice president and editorial director of MTV News. Fierman was Simmons’ number two and helped found the site.
ESPN recently announced that seven staffers had renewed their contracts with Grantland; according to Deitsch that number is high. With all these defections—and we hear more may be on the way—and constant reports that Grantland is a financial black hole, it’s fair to ask if we’re seeing the death of Grantland.
http://deadspin.com/the-grantland-exodus-has-begun-1735977706