Welcome to HaloSLAENT!
HaloSLAENT was started on July 8th, after most of us left NeoGAF following the closing of the HaloGAF OTs by the moderation team. Since then, we've grown to a decent sized subcommunity here on SL&ENT, averaging 147 posts per day by dozens of different users.

Do You Ever Wonder Why We're Here?
Halo, that's why. The only reason anyone of us post in this thread is that, at one point in time or another, we loved Halo. I know that not everyone does anymore (Rag, I'm looking at you) but it's still fun to talk to those people and even get them to jump into the game. Speaking of which, HaloSLAENT has get togethers and customs nights FREQUENTLY, so check out the list of Gamertags below for people who play as often as you do, and add yours while you're at it.
http://1drv.ms/1WntVyq

What's Next?
Now that's a great question. Halo 5: Guardians is releasing on October 27th, 2015. The Beta, which ran from December 21st to January 18th, was met mostly with praise from the community at large, with minor complaints being addressed by 343 Studio Exec Josh Holmes following shortly after the beta. You can watch me personally talk about those changes put to our own Sik's first Halo 5 montage here - or read about it on Waypoint here. Post beta, hype dwindled as little was released up until #HUNTtheTRUTH and E3's campaign reveal. Now, we're on a steady Hype train and who know's what the future holds for us.

TIME TO HALO 5: GUARDIANS: 8 Days

What About The Rookie?
New to the thread? Lurked for a while and need a way to introduce yourself? Below is the new member survey. Please fill it out and hit submit to let us know a little bit about yourself. Fair warning though - Most people will pass by it if it's too long and offer up a plain old 'welcome to the thread'. So, keep it short and sweet, and you're well on your way to being a HaloSLAENTist!
How long have you been a member of SLAENT? How long have you lurked?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
– Any HaloENTists you know in real life.
– Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
– Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
– Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
And that's all folks! I hope you all enjoyed the OP, and if you have any questions about anything, be sure to ask them here in the thread, I'm sure no one will make fun of you too badly.
Follow the official HaloSLAENT Twitter! http://twitter.com/HaloSLAENT

NOW WITH CLANS!
343 recently announced a clan system for Halo 5: Guardians called Spartan Companies. HaloSLANET has one up and running, why not go join it!? https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/haloslaent

This thread is closed.