as a spectator, forget that I'm a coach, as a spectator, watching it, it's a joke.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/04/01/uconn-geno-auriemma-rips-mens-college-basketball

The bottom line is that nobody can score, and they'll tell you it's because of great defense, great scouting, a lot of team work. Nonsense, nonsense. College men's basketball is so far behind the times, it's unbelievable. I mean women's basketball is behind the times. Men's basketball is even further behind the times. Every other major sport in the world has taken steps to help people be better on the offensive end of the floor. They've moved in the fences in baseball, they lowered the mound. They made the strike zone so you need a straw to put through it. And in the NFL you touch a guy it's a penalty. You hit the quarterback, you're out for life. You know, in the NBA, you touch somebody in the perimeter, you whack guys like they used to do when scores were 90 to 75, they changed the rules.

"This is entertainment we're talking about. People have to decide, do I want to play 25 bucks, 30 bucks to go see a college scrum where everybody misses six out of every 10 shots they take, or do I want to go to a movie? We're fighting for the entertainment dollar, here, and I have to tell you it's not entertainment from a fan's standpoint. That's just, I'm talking as a fan, not as Geno, Auriemma, the basketball coach.

There's more to it but I think he hit the nail on the head.