Good morning, I try to put up some effort for my first non-GAF related post.

I made a "chase" video of my commute route on Google Earth recently and it makes me realize it bad my commute is.

My work is in midtown NY. In perfect condition, as in no traffic and free parking, my best commute run in was 23 minutes. I can do it easily on a Saturday morning.

However, in reality, I have to leave home 80 minutes before hand to get to work in time on a normal workday morning. The funny thing is even if I take the car I still have to leave home 80 minute prior in order to find parking.

Here are all my commute options rank from worst to best

* Public Transportation: 20m bus + 45m subway + 15m walk (This is definitely the worst option. MTA is so crowded nowadays on the way back. If 7 train has signal problem again you want to kill yourself.)

* Bicycle: 75-80 minutes. The upside of taking the bike lane is there is no surprise subway breakdown or traffic accident to slow you down ever; the down side is you need 10 extra minutes to change your sweaty clothes.

* Drive + Subway: 20m drive+15m walk+30m subway+15m walk. On first glance this is a weird route, but it's actually pretty "comfortable" commute. Taking the Jackie Robinson to Brooklyn has no traffic and taking the L train to Manhattan is not crowded either. Even if I don't have a seat I still have room to stand and breath. I do this 4 days a week. Of course, MTA has to ruin everything nice and good. They are going to shut down L train for 1+ year to make commuters' lives living hell.

* Drive: 50m in congested traffic, 10m walk. Only possible on Wednesday due to no alternate parking rule. I still have to leave home at the same in order to find street parking, however I get to work 20m early. If I drive to work in other days I have to pay $15 public parking.

* Drive on Saturday, 23minutes, and I can park at work. Beautiful.

Let me hear yours.

Oh, here is my commute route rendered in Google Earth, 5 times speed up, accompanied with Hans Zimmer music.