I don't think there is yet a writing thread (pls forgive me if I'm wrong) but thought this might be good to give eachother a bit of optimism, inspiration, motivation etc.

Was wondering if we now with the massive influx have any published authors on SLAENT? Song writers? Journalists? Copywriters? Comic book artists and writers? Critics? Would love to hear experiences and everything.

---------------------------------------

So uhhhhhh I'm trying to write a novel my lads. I did my degree in English and Creative/Professional Writing and I came up with my basic outline about 5/6 years ago and never developed it. Now my new school being much more chill means I get 5-10 hours a week back I'm trying to get this shit done so I become a genuine trillionaire and I don't have to teach when I'm 70.

I think I got a good idea that i've googled around for and not seen anything that similar; decided to sit down and start thinking about writing it a couple of weeks ago and got about 5000 words done. Developed very quickly from 'rip off a John Grisham thriller' to 'depressed white male has some real shit happen to him and weird dream sequences'. But I think it's a good idea. I just have to fill in all the gaps.

Those gaps are scary though. How do you work out whether you're repeating yourself? How do you know if what you're writing is fucking turgid cum? What if I write a 75000 word novel and I never do anything with it and I die alone and broken like Dejan Lovren?