Hey slaent-age. Some of you might have noticed I haven't been posting as much. The cynical lot you are, some of you may have assumed it was due to the Spurs most recent struggles ;p. Actually, the gf and I have been trying to move cross country to San Antonio for a long long time. So I was head down in job applications for the last 2 months.

I decided to take a break from applying a week and a half ago, and wouldn't you know, I had 3 call backs for interviews in the last week. Long story short, I'll be moving cross country in the next month or so as I accepted a position through AmeriCorp VISTA. I'll be helping a literacy group in San Antonio set up a book bank for disadvantaged children over the next year or so. In addition to moving, I'll be pretty poor over the next year as well. Americorp VISTA pays a monthly stipend that is based on the poverty level in the area you work in.

10 years ago, I didn't think I'd be working for so little pay, but it's a cause I believe in. I also know that the prior generation gave a lot of themselves so that I'd have the opportunities that I do now. Also, 1st world problems and all right?

That said, I poke my head in from time to time to represent Spurs-age, especially in the playoffs. If you're so inclined, my twitter handle is @jeremiah_rr Right now, it's mostly filled of bitching about how bad TP has been this season, but I'm sure I'll post some more interesting things during the move and the work year.

TL;DR I won't be around as much due to moving cross country and being poor for a year ;)