Disclaimer: Protect the names of the innocent.
If you're gonna rant, rant - but don't get yourself in trouble venting too hard.
Backfires are a part of life. It'll happen to me, it'll happen to you.
For the love of god don't expose yourself and get yourself fired giving too many details, describing unique or peculiar protocols/persons, etc - that ain't our fault, n00b.

Okay. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

A lot of people don't know, but one of my first jobs was at Blockbuster. The perks were obvious. Early access to games, movies, all the popcorn you can eat, high school networking opportunities on Fridays. The downside? Outside of watching kids movies on repeat for weeks at a time, you'll run into some of the most cringeworthy people in your community. This was back before basement dwelling neckbeards and weirdos could safely live entirely within their domains. During this era they had to come up for air and sometimes even return their movies.

So I'm at this spot for about 3 months now, finally getting acclimated and they gave me a Monday along with another of the older guys there to see if I could handle stuff like closing, inventory, calls, and stuff like that. Mondays are usually quiet enough. Quiet isn't always good though.

Nothing is happening all through the shift. I had to explain to some old lady that no late fees didn't actually mean no late fees, but other than its cool. To kill time I start doing some inventory and putting isles back together. The other guy decides to start closing a bit early by killing the TVs and working on the bathroom. Easy. Then this 30 something stanking motherfucker walks in. Doesn't even look for anything, goes straight to the line at the register. Okay, fuck it. Lets see what's up. (WRONG ANSWER)

"Welcome to Blockbuster, how can I help you sir?"
"Hey..... hey.... ummm is Faith (our manager) in?" (RED FLAG 1)
"Not today."
"Oh, that's splendid. Tell me, can you see if Girflriend Experience is in?"
"Just give me a second to look it up. Aaaaaaand yep - we should have it. I'll go find it on the shelves for y"
"Don't worry about it, chap. I'll pick it up while I go look for a few other things."

Dude takes off. Whatever. Not the first socially inept, stanking, fake accent pushing loser to come through. We got a camera on the register area so I decide to hit the break room and chill til he comes back to check out.

A full fucking hour passes. Nobody comes into the store at all. Crazy how dead it is. My coworker drags ass back to the break room after his shift long smoke break, throws me the keys, and we start locking the place up for the night. We're both grabbing our shit and on the way out to the front door, we have to pass the new releases section. I shit you not that some stank motherfucker frome is kicked back against the shelf, shoes off, dick out, stroking to the case of Girlfriend Experience and Pirates 2. He is RIGHT IN THE FUCKING WINDOW. I didn't even know what to do. I was just standing there disgusted, didn't know if I should knock him the fuck out for making me throw up in my mouth or if I should just quit and go back to selling fake jerseys.

"Yo DY - why didn't you tell us Martin came back?"
"nigga who the fuck is Martin?" I was still ready to fight because I felt the situation required someone getting a fade. This felt like a situation for violence.
"We got a watchlist posted, new guy.... yo watch this"

My coworker pulls me out the store, locks up, then takes his bike chain to the front door. Breh was really in the zone jacking off. Like he ain't paying any attention to us whatsoever. Then walks up to a pay phone and calls the cops. Then just hops on his bike and rides off into the night. Didn't say shit to me. I'm just standing in the parking lot like for 20 minutes til the police show up.

They pop the lock, arrest the nasty son of a bitch with his pants still down, he starts crying, I'm giving a statement and shit.... The next day I show up and Faith and the coworker from the night before looking at me like I'M stupid after I told them I was dealing with the cops til 1:30 AM.

"Why didn't you just go straight home, DY?"

Why didn't I just go straight home tho